How many smartphones are sold in India in a year? The answer to this question is – about 17 crores every year. According to Counterpoint Research, 169 million people bought smartphones in 2021. By selling these smartphones, companies collected revenue of about Rs 3 lakh crore. Obviously, companies must have earned a good amount of money, but they must have earned a lot of profit, but have you ever thought how much it costs to make a smartphone? Let’s tell.
How much does it cost to make a smartphone?
Let us understand this through a research done on iPhone, Samsung’s smartphone. Report by Techwall (www.techwalls.com) According to, companies like Apple, Samsung, Xiaomi, Sony, OnePlus sell the most mobiles in India. Most of the expenditure in making a smartphone is spent on production. The most expensive parts of a smartphone are the core processor, display, memory and camera. On the basis of this expenditure, if we look at the original price of Apple iPhone 13 Pro (256GB), then it comes to around $ 570 i.e. around Rs 46,400, while the company sells this phone in the market for 90 thousand rupees i.e. profit of about 48%. .
- Talking about Samsung’s Note 3 (32GB) smartphone, it costs about 19 thousand rupees to make it, while the company sells it for 43 thousand rupees. The company earns a profit of about 70 percent through this smartphone.
- However, apart from the production of the phone, a smartphone also involves research, marketing, distribution and staffing expenses, which we have not included in the production cost. Many users have asked the same question regarding the production cost of the smartphone on Quora. On this, a user named Manish Kumar has written in detail. According to Manish, the Apple company earns the most profit on the smartphone. The reason for this is also that there is a craze for the iPhone all over the world. Apple products are known for their uniqueness and exceptional quality.
- According to another report, most of the smartphone makers keep profits up to 25-40 percent of the original price of the smartphone. The smartphone market in India is growing rapidly and after the arrival of 5G, the profits of companies can increase further.
1. This news has been written for the information of the readers only.
2. There is a slight variation in the price of the phone according to the different platforms.
3. Research has been done on the smartphones of Apple, Samsung, so examples of these two have been taken.
4. The purpose of ABP News is not against the interest of any company, it is only informational. There is room for revision in the figures.
Google Translation: Big blow to the translators from Google, stopped their service!
JioBook Laptop: Jio will soon launch JioBook, the price of 4G enabled laptop will be much less