Unpaid Electricity Bill Scam Message : Have you also received any SMS regarding payment of outstanding electricity bill? If yes then it could also be a fraud. Now the question arises that how to avoid such fraud? No news, we are going to tell its full story here today.
Many people are sharing their stories on social media that how these fraud people try to cheat by sending messages or calls and sometimes they even do it. Electricity department, telecom companies and police of many states are immediately taking strict action against such fraudsters. Along with this, people are also being made aware.
A person on Twitter tweeted that he is getting fraud messages from a ‘regular mobile number’. On this he also mentioned telecom companies. Responding to this, the telecom company Jio said, “This SMS is a fraud / scam. Jio never asks you to call any number for submission of documents. Please do not call such numbers because calls on these numbers.” Doing so may jeopardize the security of your account.”
Jio further said, “Whenever Jio gives you a message through SMS, there is always a word starting with ‘Jio’ instead of the sender ID. Like JioNet, JioHRC, JioPBL, JioFBR.”
To avoid this type of fraud, keep these things in mind.
- Must see where the SMS has come from?
- Do not pay the bill if there is an unknown source.
- Do not install any app through the link given in the message.
- Do not make payment in anyone’s private number or account.
- Don’t call anyone or tap the link in the message.
- Do not share any of your information with the given number.
- Verify with the electricity department or board that which is their official app. Pay outstanding electricity bills from the same app only.
Samsung Galaxy F13: The battery of this Smartphone, which costs less than 12 thousand, will last for two days, know other features