Postpartum Depression: With the birth of a child in the house, the arrival of a new member in the family is very pleasant. Everyone is happy and like to play with the child. In the midst of all this, often the attention of the family does not go towards the mental health of the mother. Here we are not talking about physical health because it is taken care of keeping in mind that if the mother eats or does anything wrong, it will affect the health of the child.
Post Delivery Physical Changes can affect her mind badly after delivery. So much so that he may start having thoughts of suicide…
What is postpartum depression?
Postpartum depression, which occurs in women after the birth of a child, is called postpartum depression. The number of changes that take place in a woman’s body during pregnancy, the same changes happen even after the birth of the child. Due to this the hormonal level remains unbalanced and women have to face a lot of mental and emotional problems. These are the early symptoms of postpartum depression…
- mood and behavior changes
- mood swings problem
- be sad
- unwilling to talk to anyone
- increased irritability
- want to cry
- desire to sit apart in a corner
How long does the effect of postpartum depression last?
Health experts believe that not every woman has the problem of postpartum depression. However, about 70 percent of women face this problem. The effects of the symptoms mentioned above can last for one to two months and then they get better on their own. But if they are not cured and ignored, then the condition can worsen and then these symptoms appear in a more severe form. like…
- loss of appetite
- suicidal thoughts
- excessive anger when baby cries
- quarrelsome tendencies
- hurt oneself
- breaking, throwing or tossing things
Why does postpartum depression happen?
- It is absolutely certain that after becoming a mother, the responsibility of a woman increases a lot. If the family does not get the expected support, then she is tired all the time.
- Immediately after delivery, the body becomes weak and due to lack of proper care, weakness increases, which increases irritation.
- The body becoming unformed and increased weight also disturbs monthly and emotionally.
- If a woman is a professional, then she also worries about work and career.
What is the treatment for postpartum depression?
- If we leave the matter of medicines, then there is only one way to treat and prevent this disease and that is the love, support and care of family members.
- The role of a woman’s husband increases a lot, he should make his wife feel at every step that he is completely with her.
- In addition to food and medicines, taking care of the likes and dislikes of the woman, keeping small things happening helps in keeping her happy and stress free.
- All these methods also protect the woman from postpartum depression at the initial stage and also help in bringing it out if there is a problem.
- If the situation is getting serious then you can take the help of a counselor. If the hormone levels are too disturbed or the counselor feels it is necessary that you should take medicines, they will refer you to a psychiatrist.
Disclaimer: The methods, methods and claims mentioned in this article are to be taken only as suggestions, ABP News does not confirm them. Before following any such treatment/medication/diet, please consult a doctor.
Check out below Health Tools-
Calculate Your Body Mass Index ( BMI )