Cause of Indigestion: Indigestion means poor digestion. In Ayurveda it is called ‘Apacha’. The problem of indigestion occurs only when digestion is not happening properly. That is, what you have eaten, the body is not able to absorb its sattva (food juice) after digesting it. Or due to some other kind of problem, juice and solid food are not being separated. During dyspepsia there is usually pain in the upper abdomen. But this is not its only symptom. When there is indigestion, the body shows symptoms in many other ways as well.
What are the symptoms of indigestion?
Apart from pain in the upper abdomen, there can be many other problems due to indigestion. like…
- Abdominal distension
- heaviness in stomach
- sour belching
What are the causes of indigestion?
The problem of indigestion is usually related to the food itself. But it is not necessary to be like this always. Such problems also have to be faced due to many lifestyle related disturbances. like…
- stay up late at night
- lack of sleep
- too much stress
- eating food of opposite nature together
- eating more spicy food
- eating too much oily food
- smoking habit
- Indigestion occurs even during pregnancy
What is Chronic Indigestion?
Indigestion is not just simple but chronic indigestion also occurs. It can be due to some chronic illness or physical problem. Complete information about this can be given only after medical examination. For this, the help of X-ray, blood test, stool test etc. is taken. After knowing the cause of the disease, medicines have to be taken to deal with this condition and some food-related things have to be taken care of.
What are the ways to avoid indigestion?
To avoid the problem of indigestion, first of all pay attention to your diet and lifestyle. If you are having indigestion due to these reasons then it will be cured by itself. If the problem still persists then you should go to the doctor.
- Don’t overeat when you are hungry. That is, avoid overeating due to taste
- If there is indigestion, then avoid cold drinks and soft drinks. Drink desi drinks like buttermilk, lassi, lemonade and coconut water. Do not take milk and juice.
- Do not wear too many diet clothes. There is also the problem of indigestion.
- If you are in a sitting job, then get up from the chair after every 40 minutes and walk for 5 minutes or work standing.
- Never exercise after eating food. Consume milk at least two hours after having a meal.
Disclaimer: The methods, methods and claims mentioned in this article are to be taken only as suggestions, ABP News does not confirm them. Before following any such treatment/medication/diet and suggestion, please consult a doctor or concerned expert.
Check out below Health Tools-
Calculate Your Body Mass Index ( BMI )