Hariyali Matki Khichdi: Khichdi is a quick recipe. It is very easy to digest it. That’s why most health experts recommend eating khichdi when there is a disturbance in digestion. It is quite nutritious. Most people eat khichdi prepared from moong-dal, but have you ever consumed Hariyali Matki Khichdi? If not, then eat this new variety of khichdi. It is quite tasty. Also it is full of nutritious. You can prepare this khichdi for lunch or dinner anytime. Let us know the method of preparing Hariyali Matki Khichdi-
How to prepare Hariyali Matki Khichdi
- Matki Sprouts – 1 cup
- Rice – 1 cup
- Spinach – 1 cup
- Onion – 1
- Mint leaves – 1/2 cup
- Black pepper – 1 tsp
- Spinach puree – 1/2 cup
- Cumin – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1 tsp
- Desi Ghee – 4 tsp
- Asafoetida – 1 pinch
- Garlic – 8 buds
- Salt – as per taste
- To prepare Hariyali Matki Khichdi, first wash the lentils thoroughly with clean water two-three times.
- After that soak it in water overnight and leave it.
- Now take it out in the water and put it on top of the sieve. So that the water left in the dal also drains out.
- After that wash the rice thoroughly. Wash it thoroughly in water for three to four times. After this, keep it soaked for 20-30 minutes.
- Now keep a wok on low flame. Put some ghee in it and heat it.
- After this, add asafoetida and cumin seeds to it.
- When cumin starts crackling, add finely chopped onion and garlic and keep stirring it.
- After this fry the onion till it becomes soft. Now add sprouted moth and rice and mix it.
- Now add 5 cups of water to it and cook it while stirring.
- After this add all the spices and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add spinach puree, green chilies, chopped spinach and mint leaves to it.
- Now take a small pan and heat some ghee in it.
- Now add chopped garlic to the khichdi and make tempering.
- Take green khichdi is ready.
Also read –
Check out below Health Tools-
Calculate Your Body Mass Index ( BMI )