How To Choose Birth Control Pills: Birth control pills are used to avoid unwanted pregnancy. In today’s time, a large number of women are using these contraceptive pills. There are many types of these pills and the method of taking them is also different.
Here is information about which contraceptive pill you should choose when in which situation.
types of birth control pills
- There are two types of birth control pills. One is taken immediately after intercourse and the other is consumed regularly as per the monthly schedule.
- There are also two types of birth control pills taken immediately after having sex. One pill has to be taken within 24 hours and the other can be taken within 72 hours.
- The pills that are taken according to the monthly cycle are also of two types. One is the combined pill and the other is the mini pill.
- A combined pill is called a pill that contains both progesterone and estrogen hormones. Whereas the mini pill is said to contain only progesterone.
- The progesterone-only pill or mini pill is specifically designed for women who are breastfeeding. Because they cannot be given estrogen hormone.
effect of birth control pills
You can take any pill as per your convenience after consulting the doctor. You should take special care of their dosage, because these pills have benefits when taken in the right quantity, then they also have their disadvantages if taken in the wrong quantity. Emergency pills that are taken within 24 to 72 hours after unprotected sex can cause certain problems, such as…
- Abdominal pain
- lack of energy
- change in next period
- more pain during periods
- heavy bleeding in periods
- Mood swings may occur when taking the combined pill. You may have increased irritability, headache and nausea. Long-term use of these pills can cause problems like breast cancer.
- Side effects of the mini pill may be slightly different and some women may experience missed periods or spotting for several days after taking it.
Disclaimer: The methods, methods and claims mentioned in this article are to be taken only as suggestions, ABP News does not confirm them. Before following any such treatment/medication/diet and suggestion, please consult a doctor or concerned expert.
Check out below Health Tools-
Calculate Your Body Mass Index ( BMI )