UPSC Recruitment Notification: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has started the online application process for Combined Geo-Scientist Examination 2023. Application can be made through the official website upsconline.nic.in. You can apply online by visiting The last date to apply for these posts is 11 October 2022 till 6 pm. Under this, Combined Geo-Scientist Prelims Exam 2023 (CGSE 2023) will be conducted for the posts of Geolist, Geophysicist, Scientist B and Chemist Group A. This year, 285 posts will be appointed through this recruitment exam.
Know Exam Details
UPSC Geo-Scientist Prelims Exam will be held on 19 February 2023. The main examination for the eligible candidates will be conducted on 24th and 25th June 2023.
To be eligible for this exam, the age of the candidates should be between 21 to 32 years. At the same time, reserved category candidates are given relaxation in the upper age limit.
Know Vacancy Details
Geologist A- 216 Posts
– Geophysicist A- 21 Posts
– Chemist A – 19 Posts
– Scientist B (Hydrogeology), Group ‘A’ – 26
– Scientist B (Chemical) Group ‘A’ – 01
– Scientist B (Geophysics) Group ‘A’ – 02
selection will be like this
Candidates will be selected for these posts in three phases. The candidates who are successful in the preliminary examination will appear in the main examination. Shortlisted candidates after the main examination will be called for personality test or interview.
Know how the selection will be done
– UPSC Geo-Scientist Prelims Exam
– UPSC Geo-Scientist Mains Exam
– UPSC Geo-Scientist Interview
Know Application Fee
General candidates applying for these posts will have to pay an application fee of Rs 200. Whereas for women, SC, ST and PWBD candidates no application fee will have to be paid.
Learn how to apply
- First of all, candidates go to the official website of UPSC, upsconline.nic.in.
- After that the candidates click on the link which reads “One-time registration (OTR)”.
- Then candidates create a registration profile.
- Now candidates fill the application form, upload the documents and pay the fee.
- After that click on submit candidate.
- Now download the candidate form.
- Finally, candidates should take a print out of the form.
read this also:
JNU Admission 2022: The first semester of JNU undergraduate students will start from this date, know the latest updates
BPSC 67th Prelims Result 2022: Results of BPSC 67th Prelims exam may be released by this date, see latest updates here
Education Loan Information:
Calculate Education Loan EMI